Monday, May 10, 2010

Creepster

In my line of work (doesn't that sound fancy?!) I get a lot of calls from vendors looking for work. It's hard because I really wish I had enough work for everyone, but I just don’t. But if I did have enough work for everyone I still wouldn’t give any to this one rep I shall refer to as Derek. Basically, he is both extremely annoying and creepy. He calls me about once a month, and then follows up with an email stating the same exact thing he said in his voicemail. I have nicely emailed him back three times telling him I am not interested in working with him. That was in 2009, but he stills continues to call me monthly.

Because of my anal retentive nature, I keep notes of all my phone calls including voicemails. Here’s a sampling of some notes I wrote during Derek’s voicemails:

    - BIG GIANT stalker pants
    - still annoying
    - tells bad jokes
    - ANNOYING, slightly less creepy, but still not creepy
    - wants to “help my career with his company’s big benefits" – is he a molester?
    - vomit, vomit, vomit
Any suggestions on how to get rid of him without actually having to speak to him? He obviously is not getting the hint and I don’t think I can speak to him without cursing at him.

[I'm trying really hard to not write (aka complain) about work all the time, but I'm there 40 hours a week, and it's really hard not to. I think the only other things I do that much is sleep, and that's really uninteresting.]

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I usually tell the person my superior is best reached by email, make sure they have that email correct, and then try to politely and clearly state "and IF we are interested in working with you, we will follow up with you." I have to say, this never works, and they usually call once a day. Actually, if I have not already blog-complained about Ben, I plan to now. Maybe you could say things like "I will only begin to consider working with you if you meet these demands: work for free, pour my coffee for me, and send me dark chocolate almonds by messenger, daily. Thank you for your time."

joanne said...

unfortunately, I think my boss would just refer him back to me. I just want him to accept my rejection and go away.

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.