Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'm done.

So, I am done with college. I won't graduate until next week, but I'm done. I got all the grades and returned all the books and bought the ridiculously overpriced black robe. It's very weird. I have no idea what I am going to do with myself. I'll pretty much work anywhere and do anything. Hire me! I don't know what I like or don't like, so I just need a job to determine if I like it. I do not like the food service industry, I know that one. Hire me!

It's insane to think that I am no longer a college student, but am now a twentysomething. I think that means I may have responsibilities and shit soon. I can't imagine me as a grown up. I am not adequately prepared for that. Does being a grown up mean I can't wear my sneakers with holes in them anymore? Or my nerdy tshirts with pictures of dinosaurs, aliens, Mickey Mouse, or TVs on them? Am I still allowed to laugh over fart jokes? My dad still thinks shit jokes are funny, but is that only okay because he's a guy? Can I not giggle anymore when someone says "balls?" Am I not allowed to watch the WB anymore? Do grown ups sing along to Disney musicals at the top of their lungs? Can I still eat cereal as a meal? Holy shit, do grown ups still wear pink? If not, I'm pretty much down to 4 shirts.

I can't be a grown up! I can't even balance my checkbook. And I still call my dad anytime a light turns on on my car dashboard. I pretty much call him any time anything confusing happens. I am never going to be a woman, I can't even bring myself to consider myself a "young adult." I still classify myself as a girl.

This stuff really freaks me out. I keep having the most insane thoughts. I am trying my best not to think about it. It's going sort of alright. I don't feel any different yet, but this huge blob of change is just hanging out right in front of me, mocking me. I just want to kick it in the fucking balls. Hee, I said balls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone will pay you to have this blog. I won't...but someone might.

stuffbox said...

crap is today sunday already?

joanne said...

If you won't pay for me to have this blog, will you pay for me to play Freecell all day? Pwease Ewic?

Ram has EXAMS AND SCHOOOOOL still!

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.