Friday, July 15, 2005

The birds and the bats.

Yesterday, I went to Target with my mother because that is what people who are unemployed and live with their mother do. Anyway on the way there were all these birds just flying in front of the car and being pretty risky for birds. My mother said how she has hit 2 birds with her car in the past year and she has been driving for X amount of years and she never hit one before. I remember Sara and I almost hit one too back in like June-ish.

When did birds lose their fear of cars and being hit by humans? They are just mocking us now. They know we won't hurt them and they are just fucking with us.

After we discussed birds my mom brought up our old neighbor Pruitt. He used to live next door to us when I was...in first or second grade? I don't remember. Pruitt is responsible for my cool Mickey Mouse tee shirt from Nashville. He gave it to my sister and she didn't want it so I got it. I bet no one ever thought that shirt would last like 15 years. At least, I think it was Pruitt. It might have been the people who lived there after him, but I don't think it was because they didn't live there too long. Although, we did have a Zorro club. I have no idea why we had a Zorro club, but we did.

But anyway, Pruitt used to make us go bat hunting every night. Which at the time was so cool, but as we learned from the Love Potion No. 9 incident, Little Joanne was an IDIOT.

Basically bat hunting consisted of getting some rocks, the best ones fit in the palm of your hand, and walking through the neighborhood throwing them up at bats. Oh, but how does one attract a bat you may ask. It's quite simple, you just make this horrid "Eeeeeeeeee" sound over and over and then throw the rocks up in the air. I'm surprised no one lost an eye.

I will make that bat noise upon request, by the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh delicious delicious love potion no. 9 how i love thee. let me watch your corniness over and over again until my burnt retinas fall out of my head.

joanne said...

It could have been worse. I could have made you watch a musical or something!

Hmmm, actually it probably couldn't get any worse. I owe you a beer for that.

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.