Monday, January 23, 2006

Cowboys Make Better Lovers.

I saw Brokeback Mountain this weekend. Twice. It was really fucking good. I don't normally gush about movies too much, but it was one of the best movies I've seen. It kept my complete attention the entire time even despite sitting on the floor in the aisle the first time I saw it and immature assholes laughing and making jokes throughout the second time. I shushed them like a mom at one point though.

The story is really well told and well acted. I cried like a big girl both times. Heath Ledger (Side Bar: I totally love 10 Things I Hate About You) and Jake Gyllenhaal were perfect and Michelle Williams has come a long ass way from her Dawson's Creek days. Plus it's just a pretty movie. I don't know anything about movie technical stuff, but the scenes were very postcard-esque. Like the images on screen were set-up and organized well like a photograph. I don't know what that is called in the film world or if that even makes sense.

Everyone should go see it and not be stupid assholes about it being "gay."

2 comments:

greenbean the eccentric said...

composition. woo wordage

joanne said...

Niceee, so you did pay attention in those movie classes you took.

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.