Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Have a nice day.

One of my 5 lovely readers (I'm looking at YOU, Domenica) told me I was slacking on the ramblings lately so this is my attempt to stop slacking.

I'm pretty boring lately which is unfortunate for y'all who still read this. I have been on two job interviews this week and I have another one on Friday. As Sara said when it rains, it pours. However, for her it's pouring job offers instead of awkward meetings where she rambles about bullshit with strangers and says stupid things. Yay for Sara though, she deserves it. Congrats!

Because of the job interviews I have brushed my hair two days in a row! I don't think that's happened since high school or freshmen year of college. I always feel bad when I go to interviews with nice hair that doesn't look like two pigeons had dirty kinky pigeon sex in it and then got chased by a half crazed wombat through it. If I got the job, it would not look that pretty very often. Maybe once a week, twice if I liked them.

I hope people just hire me and don't want to do second interviews because then I'd have to buy another pair of pants. I feel weird wearing skirts on interviews. I don't know why, but I do. It's not like I'd wear a short skirt. It's weird because before about two summers ago, I would never ever wear a skirt above my knees at all. I don't know what finally made me start to wear shorter skirts. I think it just got really hot one day.

I'm reading this book right now. It has some funny parts. It really just makes me want to watch Freaks and Geeks though. (The author is the creator of the show.) It's kind of weird because I don't think I've ever gotten into a guy's head so much. Although, I'm not sure if the author counts as a "normal" guy.

I ordered some other books off Half.com for super cheap because the library in town scares me. First, I'm scared I am going to see someone I knew when I was like 7 years old and have to talk to them. Or worse, someone who knows my parents who I'll have to talk to. Second, their book selection used to be super horrible. I don't know if it got any better, but I just imagine 856 copies of The DaVinci Code and the same old dusty Sweet Valley High books I read back in the day. Thirdly, I think I owe them like 90 bucks for some late charge.

My brain hurts. Is that good, Domenica?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not bad...but tomorrows blog better be good becuase u were with uncle lou aka your dad and well we both know he makes for the best stories

joanne said...

That is true. That's totally why I didn't get a job yet because I need to keep hanging out with him weekly for the stories.

However, I think he'd kill me if he knew I was writing about him on the internet. Or print it out and laminate it and hang it in the office and have someone paint a oil painting of it...

Anonymous said...

haaaaa you silly eye-talians get everything in oil painting form.

i totally laughed my ass off picturing your dad's face if you ever told him you wrote about him on the internet for the world (and the feds) to see. so hilarious.

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.