Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Being Italian.

Everyone in my family always has "a guy" and everyone constantly feels the need to compete to see who has a better guy. It's weird. I don't feel as though my family is much on bragging or comparing ourselves too much, [See Rule Number 1 in Italian Family Handbook: What happens in the family, stays in the family.] but everybody loves a good guy competition.

For example, my mother needs new tires on her car, which incidentally was purchased because my dad knows a guy. My grandfather was over for dinner and was talking about how he took his car to the dealership to get looked at and my mom yelled at him because they overcharge and I don't know how this lead to my mom telling him she was told she needed new tires, but didn't get them from the mechanic who told her that because they were expensive because my mom and grandpa argue exactly the same and it takes forever and don't you hate when people ramble on in one endless sentence like that and never reach the point? Ha.

But yeah, my grandpa told my mom he had a guy who could get good deals on tires because of where he works. Then my mom said she knew a guy who could get a better deal and then I think my sister said my dad knew a guy with an even better deal. Thus, my dad won. Although, in all fairness my grandfather didn't have a price estimate to fully compete with.


Did this make sense to anyone? I think I even confused myself with this one. I apologize for the lack of/random blogging as of late.

2 comments:

greenbean the eccentric said...

i got a free pizza at work from a domino's guy cause the last time he came in i complained that he didn't have one for me. so now i know a guy. it was shoddy pizza, but i still ate two slices, after having eaten my dinner too. hee.

joanne said...

I'll have to see if anyone in my family knows a pizza guy, but I think you may win this round. Makes sense though, your last name does end in a vowel. That's one of the reasons I'm allowed to hang out with you.

Fatty!

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.