Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The time has come...

Well, my 4 lovely readers who I love and worship, the day has come that I finally get to go world wide with my greatest complaint of all time. This following rant is usually expressed every year at this time, but this is the first time it is going in the written word. Here we go.

I fucking hate Thanksgiving.

It is the most ridiculous holiday every created. Please note that I am a nerd and I love holidays especially Christmas. I am addicted to Hallmark cards and like to give people gifts and hang out with my family and do our nerdy Gryffindor traditions.

But Thanksgiving annoys me to no end. Let's just say that America was briefly nice to the Native Americans for a bit and shared a meal with them. That's lovely! Good job, pilgrims. However, that one possible nice moment has been spoiled with fucking turkey sales and Thanksgiving Beanie Babies. And even if that supposed moment did happen, afterwards we stole the Indians' land, killed them, raped them, ruined their lives and gave them our fancy English diseases like syphilis.

Mmm, syphilis really makes me want to eat goddamn turkey. Which brings me to my second point against Thanksgiving. I hate turkey. It's dry and blah and I much prefer chicken. For the record, I do, however, enjoy lunch meat turkey, just not turkey turkey. My sister is the same way. I really like the side dishes at Thanksgiving: mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, beans, etc. Plus I completely love the cranberry sauce out of the can. But every fucking year, someone in my family who shall remain nameless, but if you have ever been to my house when my extended family is there you can guess who it is, brings up the fact that I didn't eat the turkey and how disrespectful that is to my mother who cooked it which is funny because my mom doesn't really like turkey either and she is nice and doesn't care if I don't eat it because she knows I respect her and eat anything else she makes. That was a long sentence.

I hope everyone enjoyed my Thanksgiving rant. For those of you who have heard it numerous times, let me know if I forgot anything.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.