Monday, November 28, 2005

The Turnpike.

On Sunday, I went to Roni and Luke's engagement party in Northern Jersey. (Yay! Congratulations!) It was fun and delicious. However, it was also very far. It's the last exit on the New Jersey turnpike which is #18. I started at Philadelphia #4. Driving on any turnpike is the most boring thing ever. They are hardly any billboards and I found myself anxiously awaiting the next rest stop sign where they tell you what food places each one has.

I am such a nerd that I spent a significant part of my 2 hourish drive time trying to see if any of them were always together. I actually had thoughts like, "Oooh, I wonder if the Burger King and Aunt Anne are doing it" or "That naked mermaid from Starbuck's loves her some Nathan's hot dogs."

I also listened to Gold Digger on repeat for 25 minutes before I realized it was repeating. It was like when you hit Scan on the radio and an hour later, you realize that you have just been listening to the radio scan channels all this time and haven't actually heard a whole song. That happens to other people, right?

Unemployment makes you crazy.

No comments:

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.