Thursday, October 13, 2005

What a Drag it is Getting Old.

Except apparently if you are a member of the Rolling Stones. Then being old means rocking like a motherfucker and being able to dance around for 2 hours non-stop.

Here is my super short (but short in a Joanne way, so not short at all) recount of my Rolling Stones experience. Actually, it's not a recount it's just random things that I was too lazy to compile into a real paragraph.

Paying $450 for a concert ticket is ridiculous. Pay the $160, silly!

Drunk man behind me who put his ass on my head and spilled popcorn on my aunt, (yes, your Mom) your Mick Jagger imitation sucks and you suck and if you stick your hand in my face one more time I am biting you. And hey, tell your drunk friend to please not hit on my mom in front of me.

Speaking of my mother, she seriously considered flashing the band during Honky Tonk Women. I told her if she did I would take off my bra and throw it on stage. She, unfortunately, encouraged this.

Dear God, they played Paint It Black. It was amazing.

Don't ever name your dog after a song that a band you frequently see on tour always plays. I held it in and did not cry over Jumpin' Jack Flash though.

I totally worked out a plea to my mom for a puppy involving Rolling Stones' song titles and it was beautiful. Until she started screaming over Sympathy for the Devil and couldn't hear me anymore.

Hey, drunk man who hit on my mom, why did you buy that girl the t-shirt I wanted? Why not me? I'd tell my mom to be nice to you for 5 minutes.

Stages that appear in the middle of the arena that turn out to be right in front of you are amazing.

I want to dance like Mick Jagger.

Could they be any scarier looking? Charlie Watts survived throat cancer and looks the best out of all of you and he looks like a corpse.

Could they be any skinnier also? Also, is Mick 4 feet tall?

Tell my mom to stop dancing.

I saw Pierre Robear!! I have no idea how to spell that.

If anyone loves me, they would buy me this since the drunk man didn't and I am too poor myself. If a whole group of people who love me bought me that, it would be okay too.

I lost all motivation to finish this. I end it here out of laziness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pierre Robear(sp?) is a jackass. My mom used to work for Greater Philadelphia Radio Group (i.e. WMMR) with him and from what I heard he's a real jackass in person. Might sound all cool on the radio, but actually a lot of TV and radio talent suck in real life.
[sorry, just had to get that out]

joanne said...

When I was little and didn't understand how radios and broadcasting and transmissions and satelittes and that sort of stuff worked, I thought Pierre Robear was a member of my family who talked to us in the car.

You should be glad I realized he is not family or I would have to beat you up!

It's sad when people are jackasses though. Thanks for the inside scoop.

greenbean the eccentric said...

p.s. mom's dancing rock. but only when you look back on it. when you're there you kind of want to tie them down and put a bag over their head.

also, totally different subject here, but the word verification thing that i have to type out to show i'm human doesn't work cause i'm still getting stupid ads and fake things as comments! damn robots! trying to steal my cranky old person charisma. i don't know what i'm saying anymore, just throwing words out there.

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.