Monday, October 17, 2005

What the Hell?

I applied for a job at Borders today because I am bored and poor. I didn't realize applying to Borders was like trying to join the CIA. They asked me 37 pages of questions like these with strongly disagree, disagree, agree and strongly agree as answer choices:

There's no use having close friends; they always let you down
You work better with your hands than your mind
You are somewhat of a thrill-seeker
You feel tense when someone watches you work
You feel lively and energetic at parties
You are not afraid to tell someone off
When something goes wrong, your whole day is ruined
It is hard to really care about work when the job is boring
You attract attention to yourself
You have no big regrets about your past
In your free time, you go out more than stay home
There are some people you really can't stand
You were absent very few days from high school
When you are annoyed with something, you say so
You've had some disappointments that you'll never get over
People's feelings are sometimes hurt by what you say
You do some things that upset people
You swear when you argue (It's a good thing that I never curse...)
You have plenty of self-confidence
You are not interested in your friends' problems
You are a fairly private person (That's why I filled out this psych evaluation for you asses)
It is maddening when the court lets guilty criminals go free
You've done your share of troublemaking

Is Borders trying to date me? Thanks to that application I am more confused about myself as a person than I have ever been before. I don't think I can be hired because I am fucked up and quite insane at this point in my life.

4 comments:

stuffbox said...

ah, psych tests, were there any crazy ones like "demons tell me to kill people" or "i believe in ghosts"? Those are always funny.

Anonymous said...

disagree
agree
agree
agree
agree
agree
strongly agree
agree
agree
disagree
agree (for sure)
agree
totally agree
ehh...
agree?
agree!
fuckin' strongly agree
ehh...
strongly disagree
i wish
i am apathetic to said situation
agree

can you tell i'm bored at work?

joanne said...

They weren't any crazy ones luckily. I'm sure Borders would have loved to hear that I talk to a stuffed monkey.

Can you tell that I am also bored at work?

Anonymous said...

Don't know how desperate you are, but the first one fits and I think you could get the others--

http://careers.peopleclick.com/jobposts/Client40_QVC/BU1/External/pck184-2630.htm

http://careers.peopleclick.com/jobposts/Client40_QVC/BU1/External/pck184-2559.htm

http://careers.peopleclick.com/jobposts/Client40_QVC/BU1/External/pck184-2633.htm

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.