Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Don't make me study.

I have a final in biology tomorrow. I am horrible in biology. You know when the teacher shows the breakdown of the classes' grades and there is like 3 people who got the lowest grade possible. One of those 3 is me folks. Oh well, I am 100% sure that whatever I decide to do in life won't include biology. Biologist has been crossed off the list.

For my current job, I check papers at the University I Attend's Writing Center. I'm actually sorta good at it. I know a lot about grammar and spelling and nerd writing stuff. Except according to my Advanced Business Writing teacher who told me I had no concept of the comma and must be pretty stupid. He has a long, white mustache that points up, so he and his opinion can go fuck themselves anyway.

But anyway, with grammar I know what it should be, but I don't usually know why. We get a lot of ESL (English as a Second Language) students who come for tutoring and they always want to know why. I usually just say, "Say it outloud to yourself, doesn't it sound better?" and then smile all big and nod enthusiastically. But this one time, this one Asian girl asked me 85,679 questions and I just couldn't smile anymore and my neck really fucking hurt from the nodding, so I just started to make shit up like, "The first letter of your noun should always be same as the first letter of your adjective."

Luckily for me, she had no idea what a noun or adjective was anyway. But I crossed professional writing tutor off my list of potential careers anyway.

Biology makes me un-funny.

1 comment:

stuffbox said...

i'll never listen to you WIT's hahahaha me writes goode!

blogger counter

This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.